|If someone told you there was something you could do to have:|
– Fewer requests for epidurals (up to 60%)
– Shorter Labor (25% – 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours)
– Reduction in cesarean rates (up to 50%)
– Reduction in oxytocin/pitocin use
– Neonatal hospitalization and rate of complications reduced
– Fewer forceps/vacuum deliveries
– Increased rate of breastfeeding
– Reduction in postpartum depression
Wouldn’t you do whatever you could to get that something?
|Doula’s have been proven to do exactly that! |
It’s wonderful and amazing to me that something as simple as having a trained professional providing coninuous one on one support and advocacy for the birthing family (both Mom & Dad!) can have such incredible results.
Certainly women can have a babies without a doula, but if you think that your birth experience would be less painful, less risky and more memorable with one, what in the world would stop you from having one?
|Yes, I want an amazing birth experience. Contact me for my no obligation interview!|
1.) Kennell, J.H.; Klaus, M.H.; McGrath, S.K.; Robertson, S.S.; Hinkley, C.W. “Continuous Emotional Support during Labor in a U.S. Hospital.” Journal of the American Medical Association 265(1991):2197-2201
2.) Sosa, R.; Kennell, J.H.; Robertson, S.; Urrutia, J. “The Effect of a Supportive Companion on Perinatal Problems, Length of Labor and Mother-Infant Interaction.” New England Journal of Medicine 303(1980):597-600